You can browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information and potentially tax identification numbers for sellers in the US with sales above the the 1099-K threshold for reporting
- transactional information based on your activities on the site (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account)
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item
- other information from your interaction with our site, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list)
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes for any reason.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement